We got 7 coyotes today and some pictures, shoulda got 8.

derbyacresbob

jp7mag and I went out early this morning to call coyotes on a ranch that has not been called since February of last year.
IMG_2492.jpg

jp7mag got this coyote on the second stand with his 243.

On the 3rd stand I was using a shotgun and jp7mag was backing me up with his 243. I had Bay Bee Cottontail on full volume and at around the 5 minute mark we had 4 coyotes running towards my CS-24 and Jack Attack decoy. There was about 80 yards or more between the first two and the second two coyotes.
IMG_2501.jpg

The leader got up to about 30 yards from my caller and decoy and it smelled the caller and turned around. The second coyote ran right by the one that had turned around and it then turned around at about 25 yards away. I dropped my camera and shot the closest one.
Then I shot twice at the one running away to my left.
jp7mag shot at the other two as they were running away to the right.
Then I saw the second one I shot at running up the hill to my left and he was having problems, he wasn't going very fast. So I threw another Rem HD T shot predator load in my gun and knocked him down at a pretty good distance. He was struggling to get up so jp7mag finished him off with his 243.

On the 4th stand we were sitting side by side in the shade of a Juniper. We watched a coyote come from about 250 yards away run right up to within about 10 yards of the CS-24 and Jack Attack decoy.
IMG_2518-Copy.jpg

He stopped and posed for the camera just before jp7mag dropped him with his 243 from about 35 yards away.

I lost count of the stands, but a couple hours later I was laying down with the shotgun close to the caller and jp7mag was backing me up again. Two coyotes came in a few minutes apart that I couldn't see. The first one didn't stop but jp7mag nailed the second one when it did stop.

On the next stand I had my camera and shotgun and was about 10 yards from the CS-24 and Jack Attack decoy. jp7mag was backing me up again.

A coyote came in from the left and passed right by me just in front of the CS-24 and Jack Attack decoy.
IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

After the coyote passed the caller and decoy I dropped the camera and shot the coyote about 15 yards from the caller and decoy.
IMG_2596.jpg

The above picture is showing how far the coyote was away from the caller when I shot it.

On the next stand we had a coyote slowly head up a ridge to about 70 yards away and stop. jp7mag dropped it with his 243.
IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

This picture is jp7mag with our coyotes. Four coyotes were taken with a rifle and three with a shotgun.

It was a great day!

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, you better save some of them coyotes for the bleeding hearts to look at..LOL. WAY TO STACK THEM UP.

Nice pics

Derby.

I love your posts. keep up the good work. Its good to see a fellow pred. hunter knocking the piss out of some dogs!..

Now can you convince me to stop hunting these tournaments! its to stressful, and takes to much fun out of it!..

Again. great work.. One day we need to call together.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesI can't decide what's better. Your killing or your picture taking. Both are great.

The pictures!

Originally Posted By: getemcloseDerby.

I love your posts. keep up the good work. Its good to see a fellow pred. hunter knocking the piss out of some dogs!..

Now can you convince me to stop hunting these tournaments! its to stressful, and takes to much fun out of it!..

Again. great work.. One day we need to call together.

Thanks!

I learned my tournament lesson when I was bass fishing. Fishing was not fun anymore when I started thinking like a tournament bass fisherman.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARHoly Crap! Seven coyotes and even got live pics before the shot, that's awesome.

That's a what Derby calls...Tuesday.

Chupa

Back